LTC Community Member Agreement
The LTC Community is an online professional learning network that allows educators and technology leaders the opportunity to connect and share.
This LTC Community Member Agreement (“Community Agreement”) is effective between the Learning Technology Center (LTC) and all current and future LTC Community members (“Community Member”).
By joining and using the LTC Community, the Community Member agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of Community Agreement and the General Terms and Conditions. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content that are best suited to the medium. This is an excellent medium to solicit your peers’ advice, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation—direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. To preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
Any person working in a PK20 educational entity is eligible to become a member of the LTC Community. Additional, vendors are invited to join on a provisional basis as long as they follow the LTC Community Member Agreement.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of the products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating “noise.”
- Respect privacy. Do not use the community as a way to identify, profile, or contact customers.
- Vendors. While vendors are welcome to join our community and engage in discussions, their profiles and interactions should reflect their genuine interest in the community’s topics rather than acting as a marketing platform. As such, vendors are not permitted to directly sell their products or services on our platform, and they may not use the platform to gain sales leads. Any member found violating this policy will be subject to appropriate action, including content removal, temporary suspension, or permanent ban from the community, depending on the severity and frequency of the violation.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals, not the entire list. Do this by using the “Reply to Sender” link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you change email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
This site is provided as a service for the members of the Learning Technology Center. The Learning Technology Center is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties concerning information posted on this site, whether posted by the Learning Technology Center or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Learning Technology Center be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that they own the copyright with respect to such material or has received approval from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Learning Technology Center and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Vendors. Vendors are not allowed to join the community, except for vendors in roles that directly support district operations, funding, and learning. Eligible support roles include professional learning providers, technology services consultants, and grant consultants (e.g., E-Rate).
Learning Technology Center does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not undertake editorial control of postings on its own. However, if any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the Learning Technology Center, we will take all appropriate action.
Learning Technology Center reserves the right to terminate access to users who do not abide by these guidelines.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Services or to receive further information regarding use of the Services, please contact us at: email@example.com.