Computer Science PD Week
Launch your CS program with five days of expert-led learning and organic networking
Join fellow K-12 CS educators for a 5-day learning experience centered on building prosperous computer science programs in every Illinois school district!
Presented in partnership with the Learning Technology Center, Bloomington Normal STEM Initiative, CS4IL, and the Discovery Partners Institute (DPI).
During this first-of-its-kind event, new and experienced CS educators from across Illinois will:
- Engage with current curriculum from top CS providers (including Code.org)
- Build community during group meals and team-building activities
- Discover strategies for expanding access to rigorous, inclusive computer science learning
Attendees can choose one of six learning tracks aligned to specific roles, with learning opportunities available for elementary, middle, and high school teachers, as well as administrators.
Registration Costs: Costs vary depending on the track selected. Breakfast and lunch are provided each day to all participants. Registration does not include hotel reservations.
- $400 (Standard track)
- $1,200 (Code.Org tracks)
- $100 (Administrator track – Thursday/Friday only)
- Location: Bloomington Junior High School, Bloomington, IL
- Dates: July 17-21, 2023
- PD Hours: 35
- Audience: K-12 educators of all experience levels who are interested or will be teaching CS in 2023-2024.
Questions: Contact Sarah Phelps (email@example.com) with all questions or registration inquiries (including group registration).