Proposed FCC Changes & their Impact on Illinois
In this episode:
Changes are on the horizon for several Federal Communications Commission (FCC) programs K-12 schools rely on for funding and edtech support – and there’s still time for you to have a say in that change.
Mindy Fiscus, Director of Government Affairs for the Learning Technology Center, joins us this week to discuss some of these rules and regulations changes, as well as their anticipated impact on Illinois schools and how you can provide comments to the FCC before these changes are finalized.
- COPPA: Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
- FCC: Federal Communications Commission
- FERPA: Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- FTC: Federal Trade Commission
- SOPPA: Student Online Personal Protection Act
- ISBE: Illinois State Board of Education
- USAC: Universal Services Administration
Mindy Fiscus, Director of Government Affairs | Learning Technology Center