Code.org Summer Cohort registration is now open. Reserve your spot TODAY!
Thu. January 12, 2023 9:00 am - 10:00 am CST
Return to Event Calendar
Flip (formerly known as Flipgrid) is Microsoft’s simple, free, and accessible video discussion platform designed with educators, learners, and families in mind. With Flip, you can make learning content more engaging than ever and give your digital curriculum an immediate boost.
Whether you’re new to Flip or looking for a refresher on the latest features, join us for a hands-on workshop led by Flip Educator Innovation Lead, Andy Knueven. During this live 60-minute session, Andy will explain how Flip works, help you create your free Flip account, and demonstrate how you can start using Flip to collect videos from your students. You’ll walk away with the knowledge and skills needed to become Flip Level 1 Certified, making that much easier to bring Flip back to your classroom during the new semester.
During this workshop, participants will learn:
1. How to connect with your community anytime, anywhere with Flip
2. How to use the fun and powerful Flip camera features (including screen recording, drawing, filters, frames, stickers, and more)
3. How to create an inclusive and accessible discussion-for-all with captions, the Microsoft Immersive Reader, and more
4. Where to find enriching, ready-to-use activities right inside Flip
5. Where to find help and ideas from the incredibly supportive Flip educator community and team
6. How to earn your Level 1 and Level 2 certifications with Flip